The PADI Equipment Specialist Course with Academy of Scuba
Learn to manage basic scuba equipment repairs and adjustments
Don’t miss a dive due to a scuba gear issue. Whether it’s a missing o-ring, wetsuit tear or a broken fin strap, the PADI Equipment Specialist course teaches you to manage basic repairs and adjustments. You’ll also learn more about how your gear works, making you more comfortable with it and better prepared to take care of your investment.
As a PADI Equipment Specialist, you are prepared for the basic scuba equipment maintenance, care and adjustments you’ll encounter every day. In addition, you’ll learn interesting background information about how your gear works, how it’s repaired and other information that helps you with your equipment investment.
This is why this course is for every diver. The more you know about how your dive gear works, the more:
- Comfortable you are with it.
- Performance you get from it.
- You can care for it.
- You are comfortable as a diver.
Why You Should Do This Course With Us
- Academy of Scuba has an on-site service technician, who is your instructor
- Your instructor has 40 years experience in the dive industry and 35 years servicing
- We are committed to furthering diver education and knowledge
- Check out our YouTube series, AOS Edu, for short videos answering all kinds of scuba equipment and scuba theory related questions
Find our AOSEdus useful? Subscribe to our channel to be the first to know about our new videos, and leave us a comment to let us know what you’d like us to talk about next!
- What You Learn
- Course Price and Duration
- Course Contents
- Equipment Required
- Next Steps
- Our Team
What You Learn
- Review the theory, principles and operation of scuba diving equipment
- Learn about routine, recommended care and maintenance procedures, and equipment storage
- How to overcome common problems with equipment and recommended professional maintenance procedures (may include a demonstration of repair procedures)
- Gain simple suggestions for comfortable equipment configurations and an introduction to new gear (may include optional confined water dive to try new or unfamiliar equipment)
To enroll in the PADI Equipment Specialist course you must:
Be 12 years old and Open Water certified (or Junior OW)
Have signed the Liability Release and Statement of Safe Diving Practices
Course Price and Duration
The PADI Equipment Specialty Course runs over 1 day or 2 evenings
Private Courses are available. Please enquire for further details and pricing.
On the PADI Equipment specialty course, you’ll learn about routine care and maintenance procedures as well as scuba equipment storage recommendations. Your instructor will show you how to overcome some common equipment problems and offer equipment configuration suggestions. You may even get to jump into the water to try new or unfamiliar equipment.
Please note: this course does not qualify you to become a service technician.
This is not a diving course so no equipment is required. However, we encourage you to bring your dive gear in so that you can get the most out of this course. Check out our equipment packages on our online shop, where you can grab fantastic deals with huge savings for investing in your gear all at once!
Did you know that the PADI Equipment Specialist course counts as one of your five specialty courses to go towards achieving your PADI Master Scuba Diver rating? The PADI Master Scuba Diver is the highest level of certification achievable at recreational level. Join the best of the best, the elite group of respected divers who have earned this rating through both significant experience and scuba training.
Academy of Scuba is lucky to have some of the best dive professionals in the business.
Interested in who will be teaching you to scuba dive? Check out our team here!
It’s normal to have questions.
Head over to our FAQs page and see if we’ve already answered yours, or get in touch with us today!