The PADI Night Diver Course with Academy of Scuba
More Fun Happens At Night
Experience some of the ocean’s most amazing creatures engaging in their nocturnal activities and watch dive sites transform under the glow of your torch light. Night diving is an amazing way to observe marine creatures and critters engaging in their nocturnal behaviours and is always full of surprises. A dive site you have dived over and over again in the day time will become totally different at night.
If you’ve ever wondered what happens underwater after the sun goes down, sign up for the PADI Night Diver Specialty course with Academy of Scuba today!
Dive More Often: See More Life
Winding down from work or just want to get more dives in over your weekend? Night diving is an amazing way to dive more often and experience a whole different side to the ocean.
Dive sites are transformed, critters are out!
In this two evening course, we will teach you how to be confident to explore the amazing world of night diving with your buddy:
- Improve communication techniques with specialised equipment
- Understand entering, exiting and navigating in the dark
- Identify change of animal behaviour
Not convinced? Just check out our feedback!
- What You Learn
- Course Price and Duration
- Course Contents
- Equipment Required
- Our Team
What you Learn
- Night dive planning, organisation, procedures, techniques and potential problems
- How to control your buoyancy at night
- Entries, exits and underwater navigation at night
- Nocturnal aquatic life, since many of the plants and animals you’ll see are different
To enroll in the PADI Night Diver course you must be:
12 years old and Open Water certified (or Junior OW)
Have signed the Liability Release and Statement of Safe Diving Practices
Complete the Medical Declaration form and Recreational Dive Medical if necessary
For a list of diving doctors please go to www.spums.org.au
Course Price and Duration
The PADI Night Diver course runs over 2 evenings, with 3 night dives.
Private Courses are available. Please enquire for further details and pricing.
Theory – afternoon theory review session
Open Water Dives – 3 shore dives, over 2 evenings
Optional Additional Boat Dives available at extra cost. Please ask staff for details.
Being comfortable and safe when you’re diving is vital. For your Night Diver course, we ask that you have your own mask, snorkel, boots and fins at a minimum. You will also need 2 underwater torches, a knife, slate, DSMB and a reel.
We highly recommend investing in your own scuba equipment. Academy of Scuba offers equipment packages that save you money and set you up for the rest of your diving life – check them out online!
Equipment hire is available at the standard rates.
Academy of Scuba is lucky to have some of the best dive professionals in the business.
Interested in who will be teaching you to scuba dive? Check out our team here!
We highly recommend that you have access to a car for the duration of your course as Academy of Scuba does not offer transportation services currently.
It’s normal to have questions.
Head over to our FAQs page and see if we’ve already answered yours, or get in touch with us today!
Why learn with us?
- 4 student to 1 Dive Professional ratio
- Tailored courses to the individual
- Our Team genuinely cares for you and your diving
- We organise reunion dives and will keep you diving
- You will make lifelong friends
- We can back ourselves up – just read our feedback
Your Next Adventure
- Take your navigation skills to new levels with the PADI Underwater Navigator course.
- Perfect your buoyancy with the PADI Peak Performance Buoyancy course.
- Remember, all of these specialty courses count towards your PADI Master Scuba Diver rating – the highest recreational diver certification!
- For more information about this or other PADI courses have a chat with one of the Academy of Scuba Team members today!