The PADI Search and Recovery Diver Course with ACADEMY OF SCUBA
Have you lost anything underwater that you wish you knew how to find in Melbournes conditions? Have you tied yourself up in your SMB and shot yourself to the surface with your buoy? Are you keen to get involved in diving activities such as archaeological surveys, scientific research and salvage? These are just a few of the many reasons to get involved with the PADI Search & Recovery course.
What Most People Say About Thier Diving
We hear this time and time again. ” I really need to practice my navigation and deploying my surface marker buoy”. Lucky that we can help here.
- 12 years old and Open Water certified (or Junior OW)
- Diving Medical- subject to medical questionnaire. Liability release, safe diving practices statement of understanding need to be filled out.
- Medical pre-requisites: A full dive medical must be obtained prior to starting this training. For a list of diving doctors please go to www.spums.org.au
What You Learn
- Search and recovery dive planning, organization, procedures, techniques and how to deal with potential problems
- How to locate large and small objects using search patterns
- How to use a lift bag and other recovery methods
- Limited visibility search techniques
- Safely enter and exit the water
- sometimes it’s better to hand your gear up to the crew and then climb in the boat
- sometimes you just take off your fins and weights and walk up the ladder
- Stow your gear in the most appropriate areas
- Use surface lines to initiate or conclude your dives
- Locate basic boat safety equipment
2 Days | $300
Home study Evening of theory 3 Shore dives 2 Boat dives
Being vital to the enjoyment of your diving experience and training, we require all of our students to obtain quality snorkelling equipment. Helping out students get professionally fitted is what we do best. Talk to us about your dive equipment. You will also need a knife, torch, slate, SMB and Reel for this course.
If there are no courses listed, please contact us.