The PADI Underwater Navigator Course with Academy of Scuba
Be the diver everyone wants to follow and make your sense of direction legendary with the PADI Underwater Navigator Specialty course.
Why Is This Course So Important?
Gone will be the days of ‘lets see how this goes’. Be sure of your direction and get the most out of your time underwater. Melbourne divers are notorius for being terrible navigators. This is because the boats will pick us up after a dive. Navigation in Melbourne is more about going in the right direction to the site. Underwater navigation can be challenging, but in the PADI Underwater Navigator Specialty course, you master the challenge. You learn the tools of the trade, including navigation via natural clues and by compass.
- Navigation patterns
- Natural navigation (without a compass)
- Compass navigation
- How to “mark” or relocate a submerged object or position from the surface
- Underwater map making
- How to follow irregular courses with the Nav-Finder
- Dive site relocation
- How to estimate distance underwater
- 12 years old and Open Water certified (or Junior OW)
- Diving Medical- subject to medical questionnaire. Liability release, safe diving practices statement of understanding need to be filled out.
- Medical pre-requisites: A full dive medical must be obtained prior to starting this training. For a list of diving doctors please go to www.spums.org.au