Q.1 What is the Advanced Water diver qualification?

The PADI Advanced Open Water Diver course is all about excitement, exploration and experiences. You don’t have to be “advanced” to take it – it’s designed to advance your diving, so you can start right after earning your Open Water Diver certification. The course helps build confidence and expand your scuba skills through different Adventure Dives. You try out different specialties while gaining experience under the supervision of your Instructor. You log dives and develop capabilities as you find new ways to have fun scuba diving.

Q.2 Do most people come home in between night dives on the Saturday night and the boat dives on the Sunday, or do they stay in Rye?

Most people stay down in Rye, to avoid the long drive back after the night dive, only to be coming back down again the next morning.  You’re welcome to ask for more information at the beginning of your course.

Q.3 Where will the sessions be conducted?

Shore dives – usually conducted at Rye Pier

Boat Dives – departing from Portsea pier, using RedBoats.

Q.4 What if I want to do a different adventure dive?

Our course structure includes 3 shore dives and 2 boat dives. We have structured our course to offer you the chance to not only improve your scuba diving skills, but also experience some of the different kinds of diving on offer in Victoria.

Our 5 dives are: Peak Performance Buoyancy, Underwater Navigation, Night, Deep & Wreck.

If you want to do a different adventure dive just let us know when booking your course, and based on group consensus we will try and make this happen for you, however please be aware that it is a PADI requirement that you complete the Underwater Navigation and Deep adventure dives to earn your Advanced Open Water Diver certification.

Q.5 What if I have already done some of my adventure dives for this course? Do they still count?

Yes, they do. We need to see proof of the completed dives through your log book and training record and then we can finish any other dive for you. Prices do get reduced if you are not completing all dives. Contact our staff for more information.

Q.6 Do I need a diving medical?

You will need to fill out a medical declaration form prior to starting the Advanced Open Water course. If this form raises any issues which may be counter-indicatory to Scuba Diving, then you will need to get a Dive Medical prior to participating in any in-water training activities. We can provide details of a Diving Doctor near you who can help you to get this medical should you require it.